Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bit by the Baby Knits Bug



Shortly before I knit the baby hat, I had bought a couple of baby knitting books. My neighbor/landlord was about to have a baby so I thought it would be nice to knit a couple things for her. Deciding to keep trying new things, I decided to make a couple stuffed animals. First I made a little pink rabbit. It was very different for me, because I had to knit a bunch of separate pieces and sew them all together. I also got to buy and use stuffing for the first time.

After I finished I wasn't sure if I was pleased or bummed. As a perfectionist I never think anything is good enough. i had to remind myself that it was my very first time making a stuffed animal and that I should be very proud of myself.





Caron Simply Soft
#9912 Pink
#9918 Plum Wine
White
["easy baby knits - clothes & accessories for 0-3 year-olds" by Claire Montgomerie pg 122-123]

After completeing the rabbit I felt confident enough to make a teddy bear. to save some money, I used a different yarn than what the pattern called for, so I had to compensate for it. Being my first time attempting this it didn't turn out like the pattern as much. The bear ended of being much larger and a little misshapen; I thought it looked a bit like an alien. However, it still turned out quite well considering.

I did my best to scribble out my adjustments as I went along so I could keep the pattern for future use. Someday, I want to try and translate my scribbles and drawings so that I can type it up. I wish myself good luck!




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Caron Simply Soft
#9918 Plum Wine
#9912 Pink
White
[I used pages 60-63 of "nursery knits - 25 easy-knit designs for clothes, toys and decorations" by Zoe Mellor as a guide]

I went back and forth between being happy and dissapointed; my boyfriend had to repeatedly reassure me I did a good job. When I finally was able to bring the toys over to our neighbors, they were so happy and surprised. They loved the toys and thought it was so neat that I was able to make stuff like that. That made me feel better about it and I was ready to make some more.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! Chrippay! Good job! Aliens are adorable anyway :P I miss you!

    ReplyDelete