Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Beginning


Yep, that's me a couple years ago on one of the days I'm least proud of. That day had been coming since the summer before 7th grade(1999) when I first plucked my eyebrows at summer camp. My OCD (then still undiagnosed) latched on to that and never let go. By high school my eyebrows were reduced to just a few hairs. During the following years my eyebrows were always extremely thin; I began to fill them in with a eyebrow pencil to make them more noticeable.

As you may notice in the picture I often had marks and scars on my skin. I would pluck to the point that I bled. I dug holes in my face just to get one hair out. I was mutilating myself. I would pluck everyday, multiple times a day. When I wasn't near a tweezers I would pull them out with my fingernails. I knew I had to do something so I went to my doctor. Around 6 months after being put on medication I plucked the rest of the hairs out.

After that day I got more serious about my knitting, which I had unsuccessfully started months prior. I now had my motivation. This was the result:

Red Heart Super Saver [Economy]
#786 Candy Print

My first attempt was a success. A warm, comfy scarf to wear when battling the Wisconsin winter weather. It's not perfect, but nothing I knit is perfect, but that's ok. It's homemade and unique.

Now you have an introduction to why I knit. I will follow with other things I've knit,  my knitting interests, and my knitting stuff. Hope you enjoy my knitting babble. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment