Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Summing Up the Rest

I suppose I should sum up the rest of my knitting creations to date so I can get this blog fully caught up. After knitting the alien looking teddy bear I made another bear, but this bear was a Pooh Bear. Elias Andra of Julien-K/Dead By Sunrise has a little baby boy named Jake who adores Winnie the Pooh, so I thought it appropriate to knit Jake a Pooh Bear.

This time I followed the pattern exactly nmaking the bear turn out a bit less alien. Since I had no pattern for the red shirt I had to make my own. Making my own pattern for the shirt was a small, but proud, moment for me. I felt quite victorious in creating the shirt without following a pattern.















Caron Simply Soft
#9945 Sunshine
Bernat Satin
#04705 Crimson
Caron Simply Soft Eco
#0034 Black
["nursery knits - 25 easy-knit designs for clothes, toys and decorations" by Zoe Mellor pg 60-63]

The face is the one thing that makes him look funny, but I'm a knitter, not a stitcher...

After that I made a scarf for my mom because I decided I should do something for her. As an only child I mostly "get" rather than "give" lol. I used my own pattern when making this ribbed scarf:



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Bernat Alpaca Natural Blends
#93203 Aqua

Finally, I made two sets of baby booties and scratch mittens to donate to the Children's Hospital.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Caron Simply Soft
#9945 Sunshine



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Caron Simply Soft
#9912 Pink
[For both sets I used "easy baby knits - clothes & accessories for 0-3 year-olds" by Claire Montgomerie pg 62-63]

Well, now I have you all caught up on my knitting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment